Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blog content -> Metaplace content

My first few posts have been mainly about Metaplace from a scripting point-of-view, and I can't promise than many of the future ones won't be along the same theme.

That being said, I hope the non-programmers reading the blog don't stop reading; even if you're sure you'll never decide to try your hand at scripting, reading what's possible in Metaplace can help you design your worlds and try to find folks in the Metaplace community that are willing to implement some of the ideas you might come up with after reading this blog, perhaps in exchange for some design ideas, some writing/dialogue, or some art, depending on where your talents lie.

Also, if anyone finds modules or worlds that demonstrate any of the ideas that I put forth, and I fail to mention them in the blog itself, please let me know, either in a comment or in Metaplace mail, and I'll try to keep such information up-to-date for future readers. While this might seem like the Metaplace Marketplace's job, that does require authors to properly tag their creations, and if Metaplace becomes as successful as I expect, the Marketplace is going to become very full indeed, perhaps causing some worthwhile modules to be missed.

Of course, I'd love to be the one implementing all of the ideas that I come up with here, but family life comes first, which means that Metaplace, unfortunately, doesn't get the time that it used to. Still, I do have my ever-growing list of ideas and projects, and SOME day I'll get through it... perhaps when my grandchildren start helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment